City View School
Created in 1889 as Common School District No. 8, City View School was renamed by its students because of its original site (ca. 2 miles northwest) which featured a commanding view of the surrounding city. The school was relocated in 1926 to this site, in a building nicknamed "The Alamo" because of its mission revival architecture. It was replaced by a new facility in 1960. Experiencing steady growth, City View School was officially designated an independent school district in 1961. A number of buildings have been added to the campus over the years. (1990)
1023 City View Drive, Wichita Falls, Texas 76306. The marker is inside the lobby of the main entrance to the school.
GPS 33-degrees 56' 6.9" N -98-degrees 33' 9.6" W.