Rall D. Davenport (1902 - 1998), a native of Arkansas, and Ora L. Davenport (1905 - 1997) moved to Wichita Falls around 1920 and settled in their home at 3rd and Seymour Street (now Farris Street). Recognizing the need for a grocery store, the Davenports decided to convert the front of the house into a store in 1926. At that time, the area was still in the oil boom and the store served oil field workers and railroad employees. The original hardwood floors remain as well as the original counter and an eighty-year old solid oak meat-cutting block. For many decades, Davenport grocery, home of the hot links, has served the community. The Davenport family continues to operate this thriving business. (2012)
212 Farris Street, Wichita Falls TX 76301.
GPS 34 55' 14.85" N -98 29' 22.08" W