First Baptist Church
Begun under the direction of the Rev. H. M. Burroughs in 1883, this church was organized in a log schoolhouse with eight charter members. Work on this sanctuary, the third for the congregation, was begun in 1919. Designed with classical elements, the building was completed two years later. The First Baptist Church has been a vital force in the development of Wichita Falls and has become a denominational leader through its dramatic growth. (Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1982.)
1200 Ninth Street, Wichita Falls, Texas 76301.
GPS 33-degrees 54' 30.2" N 98-degrees 29' 46.5" W.