(December 2, 1859 - September 17, 1941)
Native Texan Frank Kell (1859-1941), in partnership with his brother in law Joseph A. Kemp, became a prominent area businessman and civic leader. His developments in the grain business, banking, real estate, and railroad construction helped make Wichita Falls the economic center of the region. In 1909 he had this classical revival house built for his family. Designed by the firm of Jones and Orlopp, it was owned by descendants of Frank Kell for over 70 years. (2008)
(Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1980.)
Located in the Riverside Cemetery, Wichita Falls, Texas.
From the entrance of the cemetery, go straight, then turn left at the third lane.
GPS 33-degrees 54' 43.6" N 98-degrees 30' 25.6" W.
For information about Frank Kell at the Handbook of Texas Online, click the button below.