James Christian (J.C.) Mytinger Sr. (1889-1924) spent his early business career as a secretary to the private affairs of Joseph A. Kemp and Frank Kell. He was later general manager of the Wichita Mill & Elevator Company and vice-president or secretary of several businesses, including the Wichita Falls Traction Company, Wichita Falls Window and Glass Company, Waco Mill and Elevator Company, and Great West Mill and Elevator Company of Amarillo.
Mytinger later owned the J.C. Mytinger Grain Company and J.C. Mytinger Realty Company, building more than 2,600 homes between 1917 and 1938. His realty company built at 2106 Wenonah Avenue in 1936-37 as a model home and as Mytinger's residence. The Mytingers lived here only until 1939. The next owners were Cora Lee (Waggoner) (1895-1974) and Powers Stone (P.S.) Richardson (1894-1979), who made significant contributions in the civic and social affairs of Wichita Falls. Cora Lee, daughter of T.J. and Mary Francis (Gose) Waggoner, founded Tri Delta Sorority while at Southern Methodist University, and in Wichita Falls
was active with the United Methodist Church, Women's Forum and Wichita Falls Symphony. P.S. opened Richardson Haberdasher in 1919 and
later, the Richardson & Hale Insurance Company. He was on the Board of
Regents of Midwestern State University. The house remained in the Richardson family until 2008.
The house displays English Tudor Revival style architecture. Notable features include a brick veneer, a steeply pitched roof with front gables, half-timbering and prominent chimney with tall chimney pots. The original house, which has had minor additions, included four bedrooms, formal living and dining rooms and a reception hall. Over several generations, the house has been owned by Wichitans who have been notable in the commercial and cultural life of the city.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2019
2106 Wenonah Avenue, Wichita Falls Texas 76301.
GPS Coordinates: 33-degrees 53' 43" N and 98-degrees 32' 10" W
The marker was installed in 2020.