Saint Paul Lutheran Church
Lutheran Missionary work in
the Wichita Falls area was
begun in 1886. This congregation
was organized Sept. 2, 1894, by
the Rev. Robert L. Mehlhorn, first
resident missionary. Worship
services were held in private
homes or borrowed facilities
until the first church building
was constructed at this site
in 1904, during the pastorate of
the Rev. G. A. Obenhaus. St. Paul
has operated a Christian day school
since 1914. The congregation
became self-sustaining in 1919.
A larger brick church building
replaced the original structure
Located on Eleventh Street at Holliday.
GPS coordinates: 33-degrees 54' 14.1" -98-degrees 29' 54.1".