A lawyer who made a fortune during the oil boom in this area, Fred Weeks (1888 - 1977) erected this elegant home in 1924-26. Designed by Kansas City architect J. F. Louck, the mansion stood in the middle of a 13-acre landscaped tract. Local brickmason Walter McAbee laid the specially made Kansas bricks. The Weeks family often hosted musical recitals here. Two later owners, George F. LeBus (1876-1956) and Charles H. Featherston (1886-1969), were also oilmen. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
The Weeks' Mansion is the first home in Wichita Falls to receive the two distinctions of a Texas Historical Marker and a listing in the National Register.
The building is located at 2112 Kell Boulevard and Virginia Drive, Wichita Falls, Texas 76309.
GPS coordinates 33-degrees 53' 29.13" N -98-degrees 30' 46.84" W.